The Daily Bugle
was founded in 1897 and has been published daily ever since. Tabloid in format like its rival The Daily Globe, the Bugle appears in several editions daily. Since the mid-sixties, the publisher of the Bugle has been J. Jonah Jameson, who began his journalistic career as a reporter for the Bugle while still in high school. Jameson purchased the then-floundering Bugle with monies obtained from assets inheritance, and turned the paper into a popular success. The Bugle revitalized the photograph dominated tabloid format. J. Jonah Jameson, Inc. has published magazines from time to time, including the revived Now Magazine and the now-defunct Woman Magazine.
J. Jonah Jameson, Inc. purchased the Goodman Building on 39th Street and Second Avenue in 1968 and moved its entire editorial and publishing facilities there. Now called the Daily Bugle Building, the office complex is forty-six stories tall, and is capped by the Daily Bugle logo in 30-foot letter on the roof. There are loading docks in the rear of the building, reached by a back ally. Three floors are devoted to the editorial office of the Daily Bugle, two sub-basement levels for the printing presses, while the rest of the floors are rented.