Since time's beginning, humanity has spoken of the vampire - the undead, the demonic spirit embodied in human flesh, the corpse risen from its grave possessed of a burning hunger for warm blood....to feast on the blood of the living.
Resources: Not Applicable
Known Powers :
* Immortality: Vampires are considered to be Immortal. Vampires cannot die by conventional means, only restrained (see Limitations).
* Animal Transformation: A vampire may change it's shape into either a bat or wolf with Excellent ability.
* Animal Communication: The vampire possesses Remarkable ability to communicate telepathically with any animal larger than an insect.
* Hypnotism: Vampires can mesmerize others, or even control their minds outright. Vampires can manipulate others' emotions, becoming dream lovers or terrifying nightmares. This ability is ranked Excellent and requires eye contact.
* Heightened Senses: The vampire's senses are superhuman. All 5 senses are heightened to Remarkable levels.
* Telepathy: The vampire may attempt to read a victim's mind. The vampire must be able to see the person to be scrutinized. The vampire makes a Psyche FEAT roll vs the target. Success allows the vampire to read the victim's thoughts.
* Astral Projection: A vampire may project it's spirit into the Astral plane with Incredible ability travelling invisible and intangible.
* Hyper Speed: Vampires are natually quicker than when they were alive enabling them to move and attack at superhuman speeds. This is considered Typical Hyper speed.
* Blending: The vampire may step into the shadows and and thereby shroud itself from sight with Amazing ability.
* Invisibility-Psychic: The vampirepossesses Excellent rank ability to psionically cause others not to see it forcing others will simply ignore it.
* Emotion Control: Fear. A vampire hissing and baring fangs, may instill an unnatural terror in a target. Unless a successful Psyche FEAT is made vs Remarkable ability, the target must turn and flee.
* Night Vision: Vampire may see in "natural" darkness without difficulty.
* Claws: The vampire may sprout claws inflicting strength +1CS damage.
* Regeneration: Vampires recover from damage quickly. Consider a vampire to popssess Typical regeneration.
* Bite: A vampire bite does Good damage per round by draining the blood from a victim. If the target has been drained of blood to Shift-O health then re-infused with vampiric blood from the "parent" vampire the target will return to life as a Vampire.
* Blood: Vampire Blood has a high level of toxicity. Should Vampiric blood come into direct contact with a living being, it will inflict Feeble acidic damage (burn) for 1 round. If it enters the blood stream of a non-vampire Feeble damage for 1-10 rounds. In greater quantities the blood could also have an effect of turning the target into a vampire. (Endurance FEAT to avoid).
Note: If the Endurance FEAT failed follow your normal rules for possible vampiric conversion.
* Vampires must drink the blood of others to survive.
* Driving a stake through the heart of a Vampire will not kill it however it will place the vampire in a state of Suspended Animation
* Exposure to Direct Sunlight causes a vampire Remarkable damage. Reduction to zero health in this manner will reduce a vampire to dust.
* Holy symbols and Garlic will repel a vampire from the area until the item is removed.
Dealing with the Transformation
The details above are standard for Generic Vampires. If you have a "Super Powered" vampiric conversion, the target will retain any original powers and gain the abilities listed above.
* Fighting and Intuition remain unchanged
* Strength and Endurance gain +1CS to a maximum of Amazing.
* Agility and Psyche recieve +1CS to a maximum of Remarkable
* * Higher ranked abilties retain their original level.
Template Designed by
Quickness. Modifications & Content added by Calix & Danse
All Rights Reserved.