- Invulnerability: The Juggernaut has body armor that gives Unearthly protection and a Class 3000 force field covering his entire body that protects against physical and energy attacks, radiation, toxins, corrosives, cold, heat, and gases. It provides Monstrous protection vs. magical attacks but none against psionic attacks.
- Self Sustenance: No need to eat, breathe or drink and he is unaffected by disease.
- Regeneration: Juggernaut can recover 100 points of health but only in a round he is not injured again.
- Movement: Juggernaut can move 2 areas/round and he should be treated as Class 1000 material to be stopped. He pays no attention to force field or objects of less than Incredible strength. Those of greater force will slow him down to 1 area/round.
- Juggernaut wears an Unearthly material helmet and skullcap of mystic material, these provide Unearthly protection against psionic attacks.
Black Tom Cassidy, X-Men, All New Exiles, Exemplars, Commission on Superhuman Activities, Cataclysm Keys, Factor Three
Cain Marko is the son of Dr. Kurt Marko, an atomic researcher, but was sent to boarding school when his parents seperated. When his father married the widow of his fellow researched, Dr. Brian Xavier, Cain came to live with his new family at Sharon Xavier's family mansion. Cain was often abused by his father, and took out his frustrations on his new stepbrother, Charles (later, Professor X). At one point, Charles' burgeoning mutant powers of telepathy allowed him to read Cain's mind, an act which Cain took personally and never forgave him. Later, Cain had an argument with his father, which resulted in a laboratory accident which ultimately killed his father.
Joining the military, Cain eventually became a mercenary. At one point, when helping revolutionaries of a third-world country, Cain was jailed and met fellow mercenary Black Tom Cassidy. Cassidy used his mutant powers to help them both escape.
Later, Cain and Charles were serving in the same American military unit in Asia, when Cain went AWOL after an attack. Charles followed Cain, who had found refuge in a lost mystic temple. Cain grabbed a glowing ruby and was transformed to a superhuman degree, calling himself the " Juggernaut" as part of the inscription from the temple. Almost immediately, an enemy bombardment destroyed the temple, although Charles managed to escape. Finally emerging from the tons of rubble, Cain tracked down Charles who had returned to America to form his original team of mutants, the X-men, although he was defeated by them.
As Juggernaut, Cain has returned to menance Charles and his X-men over the years. He also formed a successful partnership with Black Tom Cassidy. Juggernaut has also clashed with many heroes, including Spider-Man, X-force, Thor, and the New Warriors.
Cain has recently learned that the temple he found was but one of eight such temples, each dedicated to a different mystical entity in order to serve their dark purposes. Although Juggernaut was "activated" early due to its mystical protection being compromised, the other "Exemplars" were recently created and bade Juggernaut to join them in destroying the world. Juggernaut clashed with his own entity, Cyttorak, claiming his independance of the god, and was successful in spurning his influence and helping assorted heroes defeat the remaining Exemplars.